AB Walls Software
The Ultimate Design Tool for Segmental Retaining Walls
AB Walls is a comprehensive design tool which outputs professional quality construction drawings with technical support data. It allows designers to transfer a conceptual layout from a site plan to a complete wall solution and then export it various CADD software programs. In addition, designers can generate elevations, plans and multiple cross sectional views of their retaining wall projects.
Some of the program’s design capabilities include static and seismic calculations for internal, external and internal compound stability. AB Walls can take a designed wall project and print a complete package in one step making it an easy submittal to your client.
Inspired by the work on the Best Practices for SRW Design document to help drive the industry towards zero wall failures, many changes and enhancements have been included in the our latest version.
What Else Can AB Walls Design Software Do?
One of the most difficult part of the design and build process for segmental walls is transferring the design requirements to the contractor. AB Walls has greatly enhanced the Submittal and Shop Drawing Outputs to allow the designer to:
- Fully detail the wall profile with specific stationing and elevations of all step ups and step downs on the top and bottom of the wall profile.
- Provide multiple cross sections along the profile to thoroughly detail the design variations that can occur along the length of the wall.
- Display site specific wall drainage details directly on the cross sections. Blanket drains, chimney drains, drainage swales, etc. can now be shown directly on the cross section.
- Fully detail the plan view with stationing and geogrid depths. Knowing the geogrid depth allows the designers and contractors to avoid possible grid obstructions during construction.
- Provide individual panel views connected directly to their design panel section to provide clarity for grid placement.
- It is now possible for a designer to model up to three different soil layers for both the infill and retained soil layers. This multiple soil layer modeling is available in the Internal Compound Stability calculations section.
- Trial Wedge Design Methodology for slopes above in seismic regions. This provided the designer an option to the traditionally used Mononobe Okabe (M-O) method that greatly limits the steepness of slopes above any seismically loaded wall.
- Pressure Mapping page where an engineer can graphically see the results from the Internal Compound Stability analysis.
- Internal Compound Stability analysis can now be applied to No-Fines Concrete designs. Recently completed Independent testing has provided a conservative design friction angle which allows the designers to utilize the benefits of ICS calculations on No-Fines Concrete sections as well as geogrid applications.
- Each panel calculation is independent so the user can design with geogrid in one panel and No-Fines Concrete in the next panel, each having their independent loading conditions. Providing complete design flexibility.
AB Walls still provides both a Submittal Output for the engineers to submit for design review and a detailed Shop Drawing Output for use in the field - but now even better!
- Both packages include all detailing enhancements listed above. However the Submittal Output provides safety factor information for:
- Internal Calculations
- External Calculations
- Bearing Calculations
- Static and Seismic Loading
- Internal Compound Stability Calculations
- Internal Compound Stability Pressure Mapping
- Designers can choose from 32 typical details to be printed in both outputs.
- All design information in the Shop Drawing Output can be exported to .DXF format for use in any computer aided drafting program. Included are the Profile View, Plan View, Sections and Panel View, General Notes, Specifications and Specific Section Notes.
Allan Block has worked closely with the designers of ReSSA, the industry leading global stability analysis program, to allow the section information from AB Walls the ability to be exported to a ReSSA file. This gives the wall designer the opportunity to easily transfer information from AB Walls to ReSSA to investigate the Global Stability of the project site.
Contact your local Allan Block Representative Today to get your copy of AB Walls Design Software
AB Walls 10 Users:
Please Note: With the launch of AB Walls 15 as a standalone program, your software will no longer be updated or enhanced. We recommend you upgrade to the latest version of AB Walls to continue to recieve the best tools and support available. AB Walls 15 is able to open your past AB Walls 10 files so updating them to the new standard is easy! Upgrade today by contacting Allan Block Corp at (952) 835-5309 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AB Walls 2007 Users:
Please Note: Files created in AB Walls 2007 are not compatible with newer versions of AB Walls (10 or above). Allan Block Corporation no longer supports AB Walls 2007 Contact your Local AB Representative to upgrade to AB Walls.
AB Walls Help and Resources
SRW Wall Vendor Files
AB Site Solutions
- Documents to Support Designing
- SRW Walls and Sound Walls